Student Council works to ensure that the needs of the Istanbul Kent University students in terms of education, health, sports and culture are met, to contribute to the development of students, to convey the expectations and wishes of students to the management by establishing an effective communication between managing bodies and students, and to enable the participation of students in decisions about education.
Student representatives of faculties, vocational schools and institute, as well as the English Preparatory Program, form the General Assembly of the Student Council. Members of the General Assembly of the Student Council also elect the president of the Student Council from among themselves.
If you meet the requirements of candidacy, you can participate in the elections by applying to our Health, Culture and Sports Directorate. In departments with more than one candidate, the student with the highest vote is elected as the student representative.
- To be a registered student of an associate's degree, bachelor's degree or master's degree program or English Preparation Program in a relevant department,
- Special students, exchange students, students who have equivalent degrees from an university abroad can not be candidates. Minor students can't be candidates in their minor degree department; double major students or students, who study in multiple programs, can be candidates for student representative in only one department.
- Considering the courses students have taken and the curriculum of the department, there should not be a possibility of graduating at the end of the semester when the election will be held.
- Students should not have suspended their registration in the semester in which the election are held.
- Students should not have received a suspension punishment.
- In terms of academic achievement, the CGPA should be 2.00 (for associate's or bachelor's degree students, master's degree): GPA condition is not required for student representative candidature for students who are in the English Preparatory Program and students in the first semester of their education.
- Not being a member of or working in bodies of political parties.
Elections are held within the framework of the election calendar determined and announced by the Selection Committee according to the calendar, duration and program determined by the Council of Higher Education. Elections are held once in every two years.
- Except for special students, minor students and students who have equivalent degrees from an university abroad; students who are registered in an associate's degree, bachelor's degree or master's degree program in relevant departments and possess student rights have the right to vote.
- Double major students can vote in both the department of their main major and secondary major.
- Special students and students who have equivalent degrees from an university abroad do not have the right to vote. Minor students do not have the right to vote in the election of student representative of the department where they their do minor.
- Students who have suspended their studies in the semester of the election, taken leave for the duration of the election days, or have been deemed excused or applied for them, and students who have received a suspension for the duration of the election days, cannot vote.